Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for the Week of August 8, 2021, where you’ll find the most up-to-date cruise news, our weekly podcast, and recent YouTube videos.
1. Due to political instability in Haiti, Royal Caribbean has suspended all calls to its private island Labadee. The country’s perilous position was made worse when the country’s president was murdered last month, prompting a State Department travel warning of Level 4, the highest level.
2. Norwegian Cruise Line announced that Norwegian Prima, its newest ship, has sailed from the Fincantieri shipyard in Marghera, Italy. Prima will be the first ship of the new Prima class, which will be Norwegian’s first new ship class in ten years.
3. During the ship’s maiden trip to the Western Caribbean, Mardi Gras made its first stop at the port of Roatán, Honduras. The Carnival Cruise Line leadership team on-board met with local government authorities for a ceremonial plaque exchange, as is typical during a ship’s maiden visit someplace.
4. The state of Florida has filed an appeal of a decision allowing Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings to demand vaccination proof for passengers leaving from Florida ports. The cruise line claims that its policy of only returning to service with fully vaccinated staff and passengers has been approved at every port it sails from across the globe except its home port of Florida.
5. The first cruise ship arrived in Icy Strait Point, Alaska, on its new pier. Norwegian Encore made history as the first Norwegian Cruise Line ship to return to the United States, departing from Seattle, Washington. The ship was also the first to dock at Icy Strait Point’s Wilderness Landing pier, which was built in collaboration between Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings and Huna Totem Corporation.
The Brass Magnolia Bar during Mardi Gras [MENU] is a featured article.
The brand-new Brass Magnolia, appropriately called considering its New Orleans motif and Louisiana-inspired cocktails, is offering up New Orleans favorites like the Sazerac, Hurricane, and more. The entire menu may be seen here.
Carnival Mardi Gras Recap + Cruise News on this Week’s Podcast
Staff writer Richard Simms joins the program this week to cover cruise news, and Ashley Kosciolek from The Points Guy assists Doug in answering listener concerns regarding Carnival Cruise Line’s newest mega-ship Mardi Gras. Doug also spoke with Carnival Cruise Line’s current Mardi Gras cruise director, dubbed “The Flying Scotsman” by many, as well as Carnival Cruise Line president Christine Duffy.
Carnival Mardi Gras Deck Tour is the featured video.
Watch our deck-by-deck tour of Carnival Cruise Line’s newest ship, Mardi Gras, to learn about all the exciting new activities, staterooms, eating locations, and bars available on board.
The CDC cruise news is a weekly newsletter that provides information about the latest developments in the cruise industry. It is published by Cruise Radio, a company that offers cruises and vacation packages to destinations around the world. Reference: cdc cruise news.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will cruises set sail in 2021?
Yes, cruises will set sail in 2021.
Should I book a cruise for August 2021?
It is best to wait until you are 100% sure that you want to go on a cruise, as the price of tickets can fluctuate.
Will 2021 cruises be Cancelled?
It is too soon to tell, but the situation looks grim.
- breaking cruise news
- royal caribbean
- cruise news videos
- royal caribbean latest news
- la lido loca cruise news