One of the largest cruise ship operators in Norway, Norwegian Cruise Line has canceled sailings on 8 ships because some may not make it back to port until April. The company said that this was due to a shortage of crew members needed for these voyages.
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that they will be cancelling sailings on 8 ships, some into April. The company is blaming the cancellations on a lack of demand. Read more in detail here: norwegian cruise line cancellations 2021.
Norwegian Cruise Line is postponing future cruises on eight different ships, some of which will not sail until April 2022, just as cruising is finally rebounding and more ships are setting sail. Passengers are being compensated for the modified plans, but many people are irritated by the last-minute warning.
Voyages on eight ships have been canceled.
Norwegian Cruise Line confirmed cancellations for forthcoming sailings on eight of its ships in an update made on January 5, 2022. The following cruises were impacted:
- The Norwegian Getaway will depart on January 5, 2022.
- Norwegian Pearl is scheduled to set sail on January 14, 2022.
- Norwegian Sky will depart on February 25, 2022, and will remain in service until February 25, 2023.
- From February 26, 2022 to February 26, 2022, the Pride of America will sail.
- Norwegian Jade will sail from March 3, 2022 until March 3, 2023.
- Norwegian Star will sail from March 19, 2022 until March 19, 2023.
- Norwegian Sun is scheduled to sail from April 19 to April 19, 2022.
- Norwegian Spirit is scheduled to sail from April 23 to April 23, 2022.
Stepniak / Shutterstock.com is the photographer behind this image.
While no further schedule changes or cancellations have been published, the following is taken from Norwegian’s online travel advisory:
“Itineraries may need to be updated as the global public health environment continues to quickly shift as places throughout the globe alter their travel criteria or apply additional travel restrictions.”
Following the cancellation dates, each of the impacted ships is expected to resume sailing:
- From January 14, 2022, Norwegian Getaway will offer Caribbean trips departing from PortMiami.
- On January 17, 2022, the Norwegian Pearl will sail through the Panama Canal, leaving from PortMiami.
- Norwegian Sky will begin sailings to the Caribbean from PortMiami on March 2, 2022.
- From March 5, 2022, the Pride of America will sail Hawaiian itineraries from Honolulu.
- Beginning March 30, 2022, Norwegian Jade will sail Greek Isles itineraries from Rome.
- Norwegian Star will begin sailings to the Mediterranean from Barcelona on April 3, 2022.
- Beginning May 5, 2022, Norwegian Sun will provide Alaska routes from Seattle.
- From April 23, 2022, Norwegian Spirit will be operating Hawaii itineraries from Papeete, Tahiti.
Compensation Options on the Table
Guests aboard the now-cancelled sailings will be provided a variety of compensation alternatives to compensate them for their altered holiday plans. All passengers will get a full refund of their cruise cost, which will be instantly credited to their original method of payment.
Continue reading Norwegian Cruise Ship Cancels Voyage and Returns to Miami
Guests who booked using a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will have the entire amount of their FCC reapplied to their Latitudes account, with an amended expiry date of January 7, 2023 and a sail date of May 31, 2023. This offers clients a full year to rebook a new Norwegian cruise holiday, as well as until the end of May 2023 to embark on it.
VIAVAL TOURS / Shutterstock.com / VIAVAL TOURS / Shutterstock.com / VIAVAL TOURS / Shutter
Guests who booked with a mix of new payments and FCC will get a refund for their payment, and the same FCC will be restored to their Latitudes account with the same updated expiry and sail dates.
Guests on the impacted sailings will also get a 10% discount on a future trip if they did not book using a comparable discount from a previously suspended sailing. At any one moment, guests may only have one such discount connected with their Latitudes account.
Guests on the Norwegian Getaway sailing that has been canceled will get a full refund as well as a 20% discount on a future cruise ticket when the news is made on the day of departure.
Finally, visitors who no longer want to redeem their Future Cruise Credits may ask to have their FCCs converted into monetary refunds, which will be refunded to the original mode of payment. Any subsequent FCC-related incentive offers relating to the credits being converted to cash will be forfeited if you do so.
Why Are There So Many Cancellations?
While there has been no official explanation for why Norwegian Cruise Line has unexpectedly canceled so many sailings, it is most likely due to a combination of COVID-19 impacts that are still affecting the industry.
Victor Maschek / Shutterstock.com / Victor Maschek / Shutterstock.com / Victor Maschek / Shutterstock
Not only are instances of the extremely infectious Omicron variety on the rise throughout the globe, but more ports of call are imposing stricter restrictions on visiting ships with positive cases. Furthermore, owing to limited testing windows, ships are unable to visit specific ports of call due to stricter testing standards. This necessitates further adjustments to itineraries to fit available ports of call, which may or may not be able to handle more ships at short notice.
Quarantine rules on board ships for crew members who test positive – even if asymptomatic – as well as close interactions with positive patients are having a significant influence on how ships may provide services, entertainment, and activities. Norwegian Cruise Line may shift crew members to various ships when ships resume service to satisfy staffing shortages.
Many cruise guests are ready to go back on the water, but with so many last-minute cancellations, en route itinerary modifications, decreased facilities, and more restricted onboard environments, complaints are increasing.
Onboard health and safety standards, as well as testing and immunization requirements, have been met with enthusiasm by cruise guests. However, when further adjustments are made, cruise companies may witness a shift in reservations as consumers choose to wait through the present crisis rather than go on a trip now, when there is so much uncertainty.
Watch This Video-
Norwegian Cruise Line has cancelled sailings on 8 ships, some into April 2022. The company will be offering refunds to passengers who have already booked their cruise. Reference: norwegian cruises cancelled 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
Has 2021 cruises been Cancelled?
Is Norwegian Cruise Line sailing in April?
A: Norwegian Cruise Line is not currently sailing in April.
Are cruises running again Norwegian?
A: The page you are looking for is currently not available.
- norwegian cruise line sail dates
- ncl cancelled cruises 2022
- norwegian epic cruise cancelled
- is norwegian cruise line sailing in 2021
- norwegian cruise line news